- About Us
- Institute for the Humanities
- SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies
- J. S. Woodsworth Chair in the Humanities
- Hellenic Canadian Congress of BC Chair in Hellenic Studies
- Hellenic Studies Professorship in Aegean and Mediterranean Societies and Cultures
- Edward and Emily McWhinney Professorship in International Relations
- Our Humans
- News & Events
Areas of interest
History of modern thought, philosophy of technology, and nature.
- PhD, York
- MA, Waterloo
- BA, Waterloo
Ian Angus is Professor Emeritus from the Department of Global Humanities at Simon Fraser University. He has published in the areas of contemporary philosophy, Canadian Studies, and communication theory. A Festschrift on his work has been edited by Samir Gandesha and Peyman Vahabzadeh: "Crossing Borders: Essays in Honour of Ian H. Angus, "Beyond Phenomenology and Critique" (Arbeiter Ring, 2020). His most recent book is "Groundwork of Phenomenological Marxism: Crisis, Body, World" (Lexington Books, 2021).