Technical Studies Electives
The School of Mecharonic Systems Engineering has changed the policy with regards to engineering electives. They are divided into two groups: A and B
MSE 420, MSE 421, MSE 422, MSE 423, MSE 424, MSE 425, MSE 426, MSE 427, MSE 428, MSE 429, MSE 450, MSE 451, MSE 480, MSE 481, MSE 483, MSE 490, MSE 491
1. If any of these courses are taught by sessional lectures who do not have P. Eng., the course is moved to group B.
2. MSE 491 and MSE 492 are counted in group A, if they are taught by MSE P. Eng. Faculty members
400-level engineering elective courses that are taught by faculty members who have yet to obtain their professional status; engineering elective courses taught by non-P. Eng. Faculty members; 400 level courses taken at other schools (after appeal to MSE); and Directed Studies (MSE or outside)
MSE students must take at least four engineering electives from group A. They can take the other two courses from group B.
Please visit goSFU for the electives offered in the semester.
ENGINEERING ELECTIVE OFFERING
Note: The MSE engineering electives will be offered in accordance with the two year plan and the posted course offering maybe subject to change. Please check goSFU to confirm offering and class schedule.
For MSE 490, MSE 491 and MSE 492 Special Topic, please refer to the course description including prerequisites.
- MSE 426 - Introduction to Engineering Design Optimization
- MSE 480 - Manufacturing Systems
- MSE 481 - Industrial Control Systems
- MSE 483 - Modern Control Systems
- MSE 490 - ST: Robust Estimation and Control
- MSE 490 - ST: Electrified Transportation Systems
- MSE 428 - Design of Mechanism
- MSE 429 - Advance Kinematics for Robotic Systems
- MSE 452 - Power Conversion in Alternatic Energy Systems