- About Joy
- Statement on academic freedom
- Welcome back faculty and staff
- Welcome back students
- Statement on scholar strike
- Reflections on my first 30 days
- Taking care of ourselves, taking care of each other
- Equity, diversity and inclusion commitments
- Statement on SFU's Athletics Team Name Change
- Finding connection in times of adversity
- Wishing you a safe and restful holiday break
- Op-ed: SFU helping drive social, economic innovation in time of crisis
- Welcome new SFU students
- UPDATED Jan. 6: My response to Dec. 11 event in SFU dining hall
- Celebrating Black History Month
- The University’s Role and Contributions to a Just Recovery Over the Next Decade
- Inspired by meetings with SFU Faculty and Staff
- Looking forward to Summer and Fall
- Opinion: This is why SFU is backing the Burnaby Mountain gondola
- External Review of December 11, 2020 Event
- Facing the future with hope
- President's statement on TransMountain Expansion Project and support for a fire hall on Burnaby mountain
Wishing you a safe and restful holiday break
As 2020 comes to a close, I am filled with gratitude for the Simon Fraser University community. You have shown tremendous dedication and resolve during an unpredictable and challenging year.
While the pandemic has upended our lives, it has also strengthened our commitment to each other and to this remarkable university. We have much to be thankful for and much to look forward to.
It’s been a highlight in my time as president to meet with so many of you each day. I’m lifted up every day by the show of support during my Zoom and rare in person meetings. I couldn’t be prouder to be president of this wonderful institution.
I know we are all looking forward to when we can be back together again.
For now, at the close of this extraordinary year, take time for yourselves and your families. I hope the delayed start to our spring classes gives you the chance to take a well-deserved break. I look forward to seeing you in 2021 – and until then please stay strong, stay safe and take care.