If you are transferring from the institutions outside of British Columbia:
1) The Admissions office will transfer your courses automatically when you are admitted to SFU.
2) If you are interested in any of our programs, please e-mail your questions (and a copy of your transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be more than happy to answer them.
If you are transferring from Capilano U, Kwantlen, Langara, Douglas college or other institutions in British Columbia:
1) Please visit our Program page and see which Major or Minor you may like to pursue. On the right hand side of each program pages, you can find our program checklists.
2) Please visit BC Transfer Guide and see how your courses can be tranferred to SFU.
3) Transfer tips:
- To optimize your transfers, take courses now that will count toward the required lower division courses in the program you are thinking about. For instance, if you’re thinking about an Anthropology Major, consider taking a course that will transfer as SA 101.
- Some courses don’t transfer as a specific SA course at SFU, but they do count toward SA units. On the BC Transfer Guide, these are listed as SA 1XX, 2XX, 1ANTH, 2ANTH, 1SOCI or 2SOCI. These courses can be used to fulfill lower division elective requirements.
- Consider taking courses, in any field, that will transfer and meet general SFU WQB requirements.
- Feel free to e-mail your questions to email@example.com. If you can attach a copy of your official transcript, it would be helpful to provide more info to you.