Payroll Information

Forms To Complete                     

Print, complete, and sign the following forms. NOTE: Your employee # is the same as your SFU ID #.

  1. TSSU Assignment of Wages Form - Not required for research assistant appointments or USRA appointments
  2. Personal Data Form - Complete and sign.
  3. TD-1 (Federal Tax Form) & TD-1 BC (Provincial Tax Form)  - Must be completed to ensure correct tax rate is applied to taxable income. Estimate your annual fees in Canada. If you are not certain of the amount to enter on the tax forms, sign the forms, and Payroll will use the default basic exemption. For the tuition fee, consult the SFU calendar (full-time fee). 

Please submit the following documents with the above forms:

  1. Void cheque OR a pdf of your Bank Account Verification/Direct deposit form - International students will need to set up a Canadian bank account. Please make sure you have a "bank verification" downloaded from your Candian online banking account or a printed form from your bank branch (not a handwritten note).
  2. Study or Working Permit - International students only
  3. SIN letter from Service Canada - International students only. When you renew your study or work permit you must also renew your SIN.
  4. Permanent Residence Card - PR students only. Submit a copy of your PR card (front and back) and either your SIN card (front and back) or your SIN letter.

All completed forms and documents should be submitted to the Graduate Secretary (in person at SC K10547 or scanned and emailed to statgrad at 

Setting up Direct Deposit (online banking)

Below are links to instructions for setting up direct deposits for the most commonly used banks. If you use a different bank, please go to their webpage and search for "how to set up a direct deposit". 


  1. Go to and log on with your SFU computing ID and password.
  2. Select Payroll and Compensation Home.
  3. Select View Paycheque.

This will bring up your most current PayStub (which are posted on the Wednesday afternoon before payday).  From here, if you'd like to view older PayStubs, select View A Different Payment, which is located on the top right under your Net Pay, Check Date, Salary Info.

T4 Information

To access your T4 slip online (for tax purposes), click here.