- Canadian high school
- International high school
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- Canadian college/university transfer
- USA college/university transfer
- International college/university
- IB and Others
- Find a Program
- Student Experience
Earn a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from Simon Fraser University while studying at both Langara and SFU.
Note: if you have completed more than 45 university transfer credits, you are not eligible for this program.
The SFU - Langara Degree Program allows you to move freely and easily between both institutions to complete the requirements of a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree from Simon Fraser University. Get the benefits of studying in both a smaller college environment and a larger university setting.
This is not the same as transferring from Langara to SFU. Transferring usually involves leaving a college to attend university and submitting a request to the university to give you credit for college courses. Once you transfer to university you cannot go back to the college to complete additional credits without permission. The SFU - Langara Degree Program is much more flexible.
- Flexibility: you can move back and forth between institutions with full support from both sides
- Convenience: Registrar's Offices at Langara and SFU will automatically track your progress at the end of each term - no need to keep track of paperwork.
- Support: knowledgeable advisors will ensure you receive the best information possible about your degree requirements and course options
- More services: including U-Pass BC, medical/dental coverage, student housing (if you are enrolled in a sufficient number of SFU courses per year)
Areas of study
The partnership degree program includes academic disciplines within the following areas:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at SFU
- Faculty of Science at SFU
- Faculty of Health Sciences at SFU
For a complete list of eligible departments, schools and programs, please visit the Faculty websites.
Applications for admission to the SFU - Langara Degree Program are processed through SFU. Apply online via www.sfu.ca/students/admission/apply.
- Click on Apply Now
- When asked to identify your intended program of study, you must select the following three choices:
- Faculty: Arts and Social Sciences OR Science OR Health Sciences
- Program/Plan: BA Partnership with Langara OR BSc Partnership with Langara
- You must meet SFU's admission requirements for the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at SFU (BA) OR the Faculty of Science at SFU (BSc), OR the Faculty of Health Sciences (BA/BSc).
- If you have completed 24-45 credits of university transferable courses, admission will be based on your college grades.
- If you have completed fewer than 24 credits of university transferable courses (or if you are in secondary school), admission will be based on your secondary school grades. See www.sfu.ca/students/admission/admission-requirements.
Successful applicants will receive an offer of admission as well as an invitation to attend an orientation session at SFU.
If you are interested in this program and would like additional information before applying, please contact one of the following advisors: