Welcome to the Faculty of Science
The use of face coverings will be required outside of individual offices or labs in all Faculty of Science buildings – this includes bathrooms, hallways, stairwells, elevators, and all common spaces. Face coverings include surgical masks, cloth masks, scarves, or bandanas, as per the BC Center for Disease Control.
- Most classes will continue to be delivered through remote methods in the fall term.
- If allowed by government and health authorities, and provided that personal health and safety can be maintained, we will open selected courses for in-person instructional activities where the learning objectives cannot easily be replicated through remote instruction.
- Some co-curricular and extra-curricular programing (co-op and recreation, for example) may proceed on an in-person basis.
- We will ensure that remote learning and teaching provides a high-quality experience, and ensure that students who expect to graduate in the 2020/2021 academic year are able to meet their degree requirements.
- We will continue to enhance remote learning support for students and instructors.
- We will look at ways to simplify and/or streamline academic requirements to enable students to progress through their programs more easily.
- Student supports and services will continue to be delivered remotely, with some services offered in-person, subject to health and safety guidelines.
SFU chemist’s new process fast-tracks drug treatments for viral infections and cancer August 07, 2020
New process critical to treating newly evolved viruses like SARS-CoV-2 (COVID 19)
Hot water can sometimes cool faster than warm water – SFU research confirms August 06, 2020
Scientists have long been puzzled about why hot water can sometimes freeze more quickly than warm...
eDNA technology more effective in monitoring salmon runs: SFU research July 16, 2020
The annual upriver migration of Pacific wild salmon—integral to B.C.’s coastal...
Love of sports, math lands SFU alumnus job with Seattle’s NHL franchise July 14, 2020
Statistics grad Dani Chu grew up surrounded by sports and with a passion for math.
Staff keep research alive during Pandemic July 02, 2020
Most people don’t realize there are staff in the Faculty of Science who have been on site...
Join our Faculty
Click here for more Faculty of Science events.