- Contact Us
- Medical Services
- Support & Resources
- Graduate Students
- For Faculty & Staff
Studying in a new country has many challenges. At Health & Counselling, you can find relevant support options as an international student, including one-on-one support, or groups to connect and meet with others.
Studying in a new country is a big transition. Whether you're looking for assistance with managing school stress, finding housing, understanding documents, or understanding Canadian services, the Transition Case Manager is available for one-to-one support. Schedule an appointment
Connecting with the Transition Case Manager is only available to students currently residing in BC.
The Transition Case Manager helps with:
- Providing students with support and referrals
- Helping students reach their academic potential to maximize positive outcomes
When connecting with students, the Transition Case Manager will listen to the student's case, offer support, connect the student with resources, and hope to facilitate positive solutions and outcomes. The Transition Case Manager will also explain that there are limitations to what can be done, so that expectations are reasonable.
How a Transition Case Manager can help you:
- Find social and emotional supports
- Connect with Health & Counselling resources
- Learn about on and off-campus services
What can I talk about with the Transition Case Manager?
The Transition Case Manager is here to support students from international pathways (both undergraduate and graduate) and their transition into and out of SFU. Transition can mean many things as students can face an array of challenges while at SFU. Some of the areas the Transition Case Manager can support students in are:
- Family dynamics/family pressures
- Mental health
- Intercultural communication
- Social and recreational supports and activities
- Financial pressures
- Understanding medical systems and services
- Canadian labour market information
- Transition to academic life at SFU
- Questions? Send an email: email@example.com
- You can also book online or call to book: 778-782-4615 during office hours
The Transition Case Manager’s physical office is located on the Burnaby campus, but the service is accessible and available to any SFU student on any campus. Appointments can operate virtually or in-person.
9:30am - 12:30pm
1:30pm - 4:30pm
"I learned how to improve my talking skills, how to communicate, and do a presentation since it is difficult for an international student."
"The Transition Case Manager recomended me to different resources on campus which helped me build a better mental health and learning condition."
"Ricky really helped me during my tough times at SFU. He is the most generous one."
"Ricky is a great listener with great energy and applicable strategies."