- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- Get Support
- Find Resources
- What's Happening
- Faculty & Staff
- Graduate Students
- Tricia-Kay Williams is a Registered Clinical Counsellor available at no cost to Black SFU students and recent alumni for ongoing, one-to-one counselling (for a maximum of 10 sessions / per issue). Book online now
- Phone My SSP (Student Support Program) at 1.844.451.9700 or download the app. Specific counselling options are available, like asking to book an appointment with a Black counsellor or someone who shares your culture, etc.
Support Group & Community
- Black Student Support and Healing Space is a group for Black students to connect, chat, and share. The goal of the group is to offer support and create community with other Black students at SFU. Topics of discussion are broad and can range from sharing personal goals and achievements to reflecting on collective experiences.
Additional Support Options
- Book an appointment with an Access Case Manager who can provide a same-day 30 minute appointment. They will provide mental health support and/or referral to appropriate services and resources, like an external Black counsellor.
- Black Caucus also has a list of community resources and supports available
- Healing in Colour offers a directory of BIPOC therapists who are committed to values supporting BIPOC in all intersections
- Vancouver Black Therapy Foundation
- Tricia-Kay Williams discusses Black Lives Matter and Trauma Care