PERSONAL AND SOCIAL SUPPORT
No matter how open-minded you may be, all of a sudden you're in an environment where everything is different: how people make decisions, spend their leisure time, resolve conflicts and express their feelings. Culture shock is normal, and does not last forever!
- The SFU Interfaith Centre offers pastoral care and support for all individuals within the University, especially those who have spiritual, emotional and/or practical needs.
- SFU Health and Counselling Services (HCS) offers free confidential family counselling services to registered SFU students.
- Campus Security at Simon Fraser University provides services and programs to meet the diverse needs of our community.
- The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of Greater Vancouver offers social programs and services for local residents.
- The Burnaby Neighbourhood House offers services and support to families and individuals.
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver's Counselling Program provides professional counselling to children, adults, couples, and families living in the Lower Mainland.
- Community Food Banks located throughout the Lower Mainland can offer support to students and families in need.