If you have school-aged children (up to age 18 or grade 12), they must apply for study permits from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) before they arrive in Canada.

Typically, you must live in the municipality where your child will attend school. If you've been admitted for temporary residence in Canada for a term of one year or more and you hold a valid study permit or work permit, your child may be eligible for provincially funded education. However, this policy may change. Some districts may not accept international students and others may charge an international student fee of approximately $10,000 per year. Take these costs into account when planning your finances and place of residence, and contact the appropriate school district for details.

University Highlands is an elementary school located on SFU's Burnaby campus (Burnaby School District).

The school districts near SFU’s three campuses are: