- Learn More
- Info Sessions
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Beedie School of Business
- Biomedical Physiology & Kinesiology
- Computing Science
- Contemporary Arts
- Engineering Science
- Health Sciences
- Interactive Arts & Technology
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Software Systems
- Co-op Abroad
- Equity & Inclusion
- Contact Us
- Bridging Online (BOL)
- SIGN IN TO MYEXPERIENCE ↗
- HIRE OUR STUDENTS ↗
- READ OUR BLOG ↗
- WIL STAFF RESOURCES ↗
Eligibility to Seek Co-op
Engineering students following the curriculum outline should be enrolled in their first Co-op work term during their 2nd year and 2nd semester of studies. If you do not intend to follow the curriculum outline we urge you to meet with an academic advisor to plan your academic/Co-op course schedule to ensure you are not blocked from future courses or risk being transferred to BGS.
- Must be in good academic standing: 2.5 GPA required.
- Completion of Bridging Online I (ENSC 105), resume, cover letter and interview skills workshops, and document review session(s).
- Registered as a full-time student (minimum 9 credits).
*Some excpetions may apply.
Practice interviews with feedback and insights on Interview Stream - Available 24/7
Getting Access to Job Postings
FAS Co-op job postings are available on our job portal and can be accessed from myExperience. These postings will only be visible once your resume and cover letter have been approved and your Co-op coordinator has "Released" you to search for jobs. In addition to having your documents approved, to be released you must do the following:
Update myExperience Documents
Upload your approved documents to the Documents section in myExperience; use descriptive names and set the appropriate document type:
- Student Information Summary form (SIS)
- Co-op Transcript downloaded from your goSFU Account
- Cover Letter
- Co-op work permit – applies to international students only