- Program Leads
- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (in-person)
- Book Buddies (in-person)
- Bridge Program (in-person)
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- Empower The Future
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Entrepreneurship Programs (Virtual)
- Homework Club
- Learning Buddies (virtual & in-person)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
- Our Place Summer Camp
- Pathways to Education
- Racing Readers
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Canada SCORES (in-person)
- Empower MEdia (in-person)
- Photo gallery
- Active programs
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Our Place Summer Camp
Empowering kids through human-rights education and play!
DIVERSEcity is collaborating with the SFU Surrey – TD Community Engagement Centre to support the Our Place Summer Camp.
A DIVERSEcity worker alongside SFU students will deliver two camps each summer for children ages 7-12 using the Play it Fair curriculum, an internationally-recognized, child-focused toolkit to promote human rights values. Each camp will be four weeks in length, with four sessions a week (3-4 hours/session). With play and trauma-informed activities, the following themes will be reviewed and discussed: health and well-being, self-esteem and self-efficacy, cultural diversity, rights and responsibilities, and connection to nature.
Please note that this program will be running in-person. Volunteers and participants will be following DIVERSEcity’s COVID-19 health and safety requirements.
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: email@example.com
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082