- Program Leads
- About us
- Get involved
- Programs & events
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
English Conversation Groups
A collection of images from English Conversation Groups program.
Harnessing the power of conversation – virtually – to help newcomers learn English and succeed in the workplace!
English Conversation Groups are offered weekly to newcomers through a collaboration between the SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. BC Settlement and Integration Services (BCSIS). BCSIS is a settlement service that supports newcomers to settle and integrate into the community. Participants include temporary foreign workers, refugee claimants and immigrants who have become Canadian citizens but still face language barriers. By removing language barriers through weekly conversations, program participants can integrate better into their workplaces and understand more about their rights and responsibilities at work.
Ways to get involved
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in our programs & events?
- Check out our active programs & events
- Email us at email@example.com for more information
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082
F T I