- Program Leads
- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- English Language Support Program (in-person)
- Book Buddies (in-person)
- Bridge Program (in-person)
- Canada SCORES (in-person)
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (in-person)
- Empower MEdia (in-person)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Entrepreneurship Programs
- Homework Club
- Learning Buddies (virtual & in-person)
- Let's Do Breakfast (in-person)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
- Our Place Summer Camp
- Pathways to Education
- Racing Readers
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support Program: United Way School’s Out (in-person)
- Migrant Worker Education Program
- Photo gallery
- Active programs
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Tutoring, Homework and English Support Program: United Way School’s Out (in-person)
In partnership with the Friends of Simon Tutoring Project the SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre provides a no-cost tutoring outreach program targeted towards immigrant and refugee children in grades 4-7. This program is open to students who have immigrated to Canada, and to students who may have been born in Canada but whose parents/guardians have immigrated to Canada. The students must be in grades 4-7.
Friends of Simon tutors are highly trained and qualified SFU students who speak a variety of second languages that may include French, Tagalog, Spanish, Romanian, Punjabi, Czech..
Their tutoring expertise includes the following subject areas:
- Social Studies
Location: This program is being offered in-person at the Surrey City Centre Library (Room 401)
Date & time: Students can join the cohort on either Mondays or Thursdays. Sessions run from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
This program is brought forward in partnership between SFU Friends of Simon, the SFU Surrey – TD Community Engagement Centre and Surrey Libraries, with funding from the United Way School’s Out program.
Fill out the application below, to register your child for the Fall iteration of this program (active now until December 11th, 2023).
If you have any questions or concerns, you can email us at Cec-FosReg@sfu.ca any time.
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: email@example.com
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082