- Program Leads
- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- English Language Support Program (in-person)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (in-person)
- Book Buddies (in-person)
- Bridge Program (in-person)
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (in-person)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Entrepreneurship Programs
- Homework Club
- Learning Buddies (virtual & in-person)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
- Pathways to Education
- Racing Readers
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Canada SCORES (in-person)
- Empower MEdia (in-person)
- Let's Do Breakfast (in-person)
- Photo gallery
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
The SFU Surrey – TD Community Engagement Centre and Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver (BBGV) are partnering to offer the Mentoring with Math Program for children in Grades 3-7. The program aims to help elementary school students develop their math skills in a fun way using the JUMP Math program, and also to engage them in games, and activities. JUMP Math is a numeracy program that is dedicated to enhancing the potential in children by encouraging an understanding and a love of math in students and educators. JUMP Math replaces the self-fulfilling myth that some people are born with mathematical ability while others do not have the ability to succeed with assumptions that all children can be led to think mathematically.
This program is currently being offered both virtually and in-person!
Interested in registering your child for Mentoring with Math?
Children in grades 3 – 7 are able to attend Mentoring with Math sessions each week for 90 minutes. For the first part of the session, volunteers will use a variety of techniques based on the principles of the JUMP Math numeracy program to encourage an understanding and love of math. The second part of each weekly session will encourage students in the program to interact with one another through a number of games and activities.
Children interested in this program must be able to demonstrate a need for academic assistance in math at their grade level and not be able to access any other academic enrichment programs.
Ways to get involved
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in our programs & events?
- Check out our active programs & events
- Email us at email@example.com for more information
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082
F T I