- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- BC Newcomer After-School Programs (virtual & on-site)
- Bridge Program
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- DIVERSEYouth Expressions (virtual)
- DY Youth Mentoring Cafes (virtual)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual-summer only)
- LINC Language for Newcomers (virtual)
- Media Minds (virtual)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual)
- Racing Readers (virtual)
- Red Fox Youth Cafes (virtual)
- Science Alive (virtual-summer only)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual)
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Pathways to Education
- Suspended programs
- Active programs
- Volunteer Training Program
- Blog & News
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Make a positive difference the lives of newcomer youth!
The Surrey School District (SD 36) WELCOME CENTRE provides many programs for newcomer students and families to help children and youth succeed in school and develop social connections. The SFU Surrey-TD Community Engagement Centre works with the SD 36 Welcome Centre to offer support and mentorship to English Language Learners in high school through the Bridge Program.
This program targets newcomer youth aged 13 to 19 years within their first 3 years in Canada, who have arrived with one or more of the following experiences/barriers:
- Significant literacy and education gaps
- Significant social and communication barriers due to language and cultural differences
- Mental and emotional issues as a result of traumatic experiences.
Programming for Fall 2020 being offered virtually via Zoom, in response to COVID-19.
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Trisha Dulku or call 604-715-6457