- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- Book Buddies
- Bridge Program
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Homework Club
- Immigrant Entrepreneur Program (Virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual & in-person)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
- Racing Readers
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual & in-person)
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Pathways to Education
- Our Place Summer Camp
- Active programs
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
- Program Leads
English Conversation Groups (virtual)
Harnessing the power of conversation – virtually – to help newcomers learn English and succeed in the workplace!
English Conversation Groups are offered weekly to newcomers through a collaboration between the SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. BC Settlement and Integration Services (BCSIS). BCSIS is a settlement service that supports newcomers to settle and integrate into the community. Participants include temporary foreign workers, refugee claimants and immigrants who have become Canadian citizens but still face language barriers. By removing language barriers through weekly conversations, program participants can integrate better into their workplaces and understand more about their rights and responsibilities at work.
Due to Covid19, this program is currently delivered virtually, reaching participants in their homes.
Are you a newcomer to Canada who is interested in participating in the program?
Please click here for more information.
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: email@example.com
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082