Rankings and Recognition
- 2014 ARWU University Ranking: In the prestigious Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), SFU's School of Computing Science is recognized among the Top 50 computer science departments worldwide.
- 2014 QS World University Rankings Top 50 under 50: Among universities under 50 years old, SFU is No. 16 worldwide and retains its ranking as one of North America's Top 3 universities. In addition, SFU ranks in Canada’s Top 5 based on citations per faculty member, an indication of strong research impact. See the 2014 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings of Top 50 universities under 50 years old.
- 2014 Times Higher Education (THE) Top 100 under 50 ranking: Simon Fraser University ranked No. 24 among the Top 100 world universities under 50 years old. THE World University Rankings uses 13 indicators in its rankings.
- 2014 LinkedIn job outcomes: SFU’s School of Computing Science is one of Canada's best schools for software development training. LinkedIn reviewed undergraduate students who completed their studies in the past eight years to see which university prepared its students to land the most desirable jobs in their profession. SFU Computing Science ranked No. 3 for its students landing top software development jobs.
- Maclean’s list of comprehensive universities: SFU is Canada’s No. 1 comprehensive university in Maclean’s annual review of Canadian universities again for 2020. This shows that SFU has delivered on its mission to invest in student services and resources, and has attracted a high level of research funding per full-time faculty member.
- Computer Science Rankings: SFU is #2 in Canada for computer vision and computer graphics publications according to Computer Science Rankings.