Computing Science Peer Tutoring
Peer Tutoring is in-person and online for Fall 2022, starting Sept. 25, 2022. See "The Schedule" link.
Are You Interested in becoming a CS Peer Tutor?
Peer Tutors contribute their time and support to the university community and are an integral part in keeping community alive, both in person and now, in a remote environment. If you would like to be a Peer Tutor in an upcoming semester, please apply!
We are looking for volunteers for Spring 2023 to tutor:
- MACM 101
- CMPT 120, 125, 130, 135, 225, 295 and 300
Submit your application by Sunday, Dec. 4th.
- Note, you may wish to log on to your SFU email on the browser, then on a separate tab of that browser, open the form
- Attach your transcript and a brief explanation about why you'd like to volunteer as a CS Peer Tutor
As a peer tutor, this volunteering opportunity is recognized by the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
- Where should I go to see a CS Peer Tutor? Tutoring is available throughout the week online and in-person. Please refer to the schedule below on the session availability for the specific courses. Online sessions are done through Zoom. Refer to the Zoom link corresponding to each time slot when online tutoring is available. In-person sessions are held in ASB 9820 (inside the CSIL lab). You will need FOB access to enter.
- When can I see a CS Peer Tutor? See schedules below for individual tutors. Note, sessions start the week of Sept. 25th.
- When do sessions start? September 25th
Please note that there are no tutoring sessions on public and statutory holidays (Refer to SFU 2022 Fall Calendar). The last day of tutoring sessions will be the last day of classes, which is Dec. 6th, 2022.