Joseph G. Peters
Professor, School of Computing Science
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 1984
M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 1976
B. Math., Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1974
- Modelling and performance analysis of communication networks
- Communication algorithms
- Distributed computation
- Multimedia networking
- Algorithms and Complexity Theory
- Network Communication
- Simulation and Modelling
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 305 Computer Simulation and Modelling
- CMPT 307 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CMPT 371 Data Communications and Networking
- CMPT 705 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Selected recent publications
- A. Casteigts, R. Klasing, Y.M. Neggaz, J.G. Peters.
Computing Parameters of Sequence-based Dynamic Graphs.
Theory of Computing Systems, 63:3(2019), 394--417.
- L. Gargano, P. Hell, J.G. Peters, U. Vaccaro.
Influence Diffusion in Social Networks under Time Window Constraints.
Theoretical Computer Science, 584(2015), 53--66.
- M. Jamali Langroodi, J. Peters, and S. Shirmohammadi.
Decoder-Complexity-Aware Encoding of Motion Compensation for Multiple Heterogeneous Receivers.
ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications, 11:2s(2015), 46:1--46:22.
- F. Molazem Tabrizi, J. Peters, and M. Hefeeda.
Dynamic Control of Receiver Buffers in Mobile Video Streaming Systems.
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 15:5(2013), 995--1008.
- H.A. Harutyunyan, A.L. Liestman, J.G. Peters, and D. Richards.
Broadcasting and gossiping in communication networks.
Handbook of Graph Theory, Second Edition, Chapter 12.2,
J.L. Gross, J. Yellen, P. Zhang (Eds.), CRC Press, Dec. 2013, 1477--1494.
I am not recruiting new graduate students, post-docs, or interns, but I have many excellent colleagues who are. Admission is done by a committee and is highly competitive. If you want to attend SFU, I encourage you to submit your application according to the instructions on the School of Computing Science website.