Professor, School of Computing Science
Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania, United States, 2002
B.Eng. Computer Science, University of Poona, India, 1991
- My research is focused on machine learning algorithms applied to natural language processing: in the areas of statistical machine translation, statistical parsing and formal language theory
- Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing
- Programming Languages and Compilers
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 379: Principles of Compiler Design
- CMPT 413: Computational Linguistics
- CMPT 825: Natural Language Processing
Selected recent publications
- Combining Morpheme-based Machine Translation with Post-processing Morpheme Prediction. Ann Clifton and Anoop Sarkar. In ACL 2011.
- Active Learning for Multilingual Statistical Machine Translation. Gholamreza Haffari and Anoop Sarkar. In ACL-IJCNLP 2009.
- Exploration of the LTAG-Spinal Formalism and Treebank for Semantic Role Labeling. Yudong Liu and Anoop Sarkar. In Grammar Engineering Across Frameworks (GEAF 2009), workshop at ACL-IJCNLP 2009.
- Semi-supervised model adaptation for statistical machine translation. Nicola Ueffing, Gholamreza Haffari and Anoop Sarkar. In Machine Translation, DOI 10.1007/s10590-008-9036-3, Springer. 2008.
For more information visit www.cs.sfu.ca/~anoop.
Listing on the DBLP CS Bibliography Server.