With her bachelor of arts in English literature (UBC), Carol Tulpar taught high school ESL before deciding to work with adult immigrants at Vancouver Community College. There she helped polish the academic English skills of highly educated non-native speakers from around the world. In 2004, she completed a mid-career master of arts in liberal studies at SFU. In 2011, she joined The Writer’s Studio, part of the Creative Writing Program at SFU Continuing Studies. Upon completing her certificate, she served as a writing mentor for the six-year duration of SFU Surrey’s Southbank Writer's program. A voracious reader, Carol enjoys fiction by authors with roots in other cultures. She is currently preparing her first novel—a work of historic fiction—for publication. She also blogs, mostly about books.
- Contemporary Fiction by Elif Shafak (55+) PLUS132
- Contemporary Fiction by Middle Eastern Women (55+) PLUS215
- Contemporary Sub-Saharan African Writers (55+) PLUS306
- Contemporary Issues in Mystery and Detective Fiction (55+) PLUS332
- Learning History by Reading Mystery (55+) PLUS375