Evaluation for Social Change and Transformational Learning Certificate
As our world becomes more diverse and complex, we need new approaches to measuring the impact of programs and initiatives. In the face of uncertainty, effective evaluators must also embrace their role as innovators and changemakers. Whether you’re a professional evaluator, program manager, grant-maker or leader who needs to understand evaluative thinking, our professional program will help you apply principles of transformative and culturally responsive evaluation.
Why this program?
- Study with leading practitioners from different geographical and professional backgrounds
- Consider key and emerging issues in the evaluation field
- Apply your learning to your own evaluation practice through a capstone project
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status
10–36 months (from start date of first course)
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program.
- Live online courses meet Wed–Sat daytime (Pacific Time)
- Other online courses are self-paced within set deadlines
- Transformative Evaluation Landscape (EVAL800)
- Exploring Complexity-Based and Systemic Thinking (EVAL820)
- Evaluation, Leadership and Learning (EVAL840)
- Design and Implementation of Evaluation for Transformation and Learning (EVAL860)
- Data Analysis, Interpretation and Communicating Your Findings (EVAL880)
- Capstone, Integration and Mentorship (EVAL890)
Course materials included
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish