Evaluation for Social Change and Transformational Learning Certificate
Traditional evaluation alone is no longer adequate to measure the impact of initiatives that address complex problems. To bring about social transformation, effective evaluators must also embrace their role as innovators and change-makers. Whether you’re a professional evaluator, program manager, grant-maker or leader, our program will help you apply principles of transformative and culturally responsive evaluation.
You’ll study with leading practitioners from diverse professional backgrounds. Together, you’ll explore multiple ways of knowing, including a focus on Indigenous ways of knowing. You’ll leave with new approaches to measuring progress on tough social, economic and environmental issues.
Why this program?
- Study with leading practitioners from different geographical and professional backgrounds
- Consider key and emerging issues in the evaluation field
- Apply your learning to your own evaluation practice through a capstone project
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of Program Elder Roberta Price
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
10–36 months (from start date of first course)
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program.
- Live online courses meet Wed–Sat daytime (Pacific Time)
- Other online courses are self-paced within set deadlines
- Transformative Evaluation Landscape (EVAL800)
- Exploring Complexity-Based and Systemic Thinking (EVAL820)
- Evaluation, Leadership and Learning (EVAL840)
- Design and Implementation of Evaluation for Transformation and Learning (EVAL860)
- Data Analysis, Interpretation and Communicating Your Findings (EVAL880)
- Capstone, Integration and Mentorship (EVAL890)
Course materials included
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature students who do not meet this requirement may qualify with at least 5 years of appropriate experience
- English Language Requirements
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish