- Research in Focus
- Contact Us
- Faculty of Education
Self-regulated Learning, Learning Analytics, Educational Psychology
Learning analytics for self-regulated learning: Frameworks, methods & future work – A Webinar by Dr. Phil Winne
Dr. Phil Winne conducted a webinar titled, Learning analytics for self-regulated learning: Frameworks, methods & future work, on 30 September 2020 organized by the Division 15-Educational Psychology, American Psychological Association.
This webinar sketches a fusion of learning science with learning analytics using a model of self-regulated learning (SRL) as glue. Seven challenging questions are explored:
- What are learning analytics and what they are for?
- Why is traditional experimental research inadequate to guide SRL?
- What key facets are needed to model SRL?
- What are ambient trace data and how can trace data reflect SRL?
- What methods for analyzing trace data set a stage for learning analytics about SRL?
- What does a learning ecology look like in which learning and learning science thrive in symbiosis?
- What are some targets needing attention in future research?