- Research in Focus
- Modeling Undergraduates’ Selection of Course Modality
- Transformative Effects of Community-Engaged Research from the Faculty of Education
- New faculty research profiles
- Learning analytics for self-regulated learning: Frameworks, methods & future work
- Educating Ourselves in the Life of the Land – An SFU Biologist’s Journey
- Ten Faculty Members at Faculty of Education Awarded the SFU/SSHRC Institutional Grants
- Immersive Scientific Storytelling Through Virtual Reality
- Framing Friends of Simon: Building Community Partnership through a Film Project
- Researching with and not on Participants, Emergence and a Great Start to a Possible’s Slow Fuse 2020 Series
- Imagining a Posthuman Education with Dr. Nathalie Sinclair & Dr. Petra Mikulan
- An Inquiry into Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- A Modestly Immodest Proposal for Teacher Education and/or a Fantastic Proposal for Teacher Education?
- Writing and Research: Let the Research Hub Be Part of Your Graduate Journey
- SFU Educational Review Journal Reaches New Heights: Symposium, Editorial Board and DOAJ
- From the Lab to the Classroom: Team Behind Dialectical Map Encourages Critical Thinking Across Disciplines
- Reflections on an Exploration of Narrative Inquiry in a Public Seminar with Dr. Gary Barkhuizen
- Jacqueline Barreiro on Storytelling, Pedagogy, and Post Humanism
- Fanfare Review of Dr. Yaroslav Senyshyn's concerto CD with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra
- Exciting Collaboration on Evaluation as a Means of Community-Based Research and Engagement
- From a Grassroots Pilot Project to a Province-Wide Success: The Story behind YMCA’s Y Mind Program
- Digital Story Creation with Scribjab: An Innovative Interactive Display
- SFU Educational Review Journal Features Impressive Line-up of Publications
- Theater & Teaching - Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series #2 with Kevin O’Neill
- Seminar with Dr. Michelle Pidgeon on Indigenous Education at the From the Ground Up Scholarship Series
- A Provocative Inaugural Session for the Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series
- Q&A with Dr. Paula MacDowell on creating augmented reality (AR) experiences with students
- A Scientist and a Dancer Met in a Classroom…
- Learning Environments Research: Context Matters
- Writing New Chapters in Research and Teaching Journeys
- Mental Health Services Research: Working With/In Communities for Reconciliation–A Case of Rwanda
- Contact Us
- Faculty of Education
2020 Registered Publications
Publications are sourced from the SFU central publication database.
Total publications: 30; Journal articles: 28; Book chapters: 2; Conference proceedings: 0
Construct and consequential validity for learning analytics based on trace data
Authors: Winne P.H.
Keywords: Learning analytics, Reliability, Self-regulated learning, Theory, Trace data, Validity
Literally speechless? Refugees to Canada overcome preliteracy and learn to communicate through a literacy of the heart
Authors: Barber S., Ramsay L.
Measurement as relational, intensive and analogical: Towards a minor mathematics
Authors: de Freitas E., Sinclair N.
Keywords: Analogy, Deleuze, Disability, Measure, Proportion, Settler
What can completion time of quizzes tell us about students’ motivations and learning strategies?
Authors: Tan T.Y., Jain M., Obaid T., Nesbit J.C.
Keywords: Goal orientation, Online learning, Quiz, Retrieval practice
Translanguaging pedagogy in teaching English for Academic Purposes: Researcher-teacher collaboration as a professional development model
Authors: Liu J.E., Lo Y.Y., Lin A.M.Y.
Keywords: Challenges, EAP, Researcher-teacher collaboration, Teacher development, Translanguaging pedagogy
Responding to LCHC's polyphonic autobiography: Studying rocks in a landslide and the creation of new, more humane forms of LCHC's own activity
Authors: Ferhold, B., Gajdamaschko, N.
The eyes do not have it after all? Attention is not automatically biased towards faces and eyes
Authors: Pereira E.J., Birmingham E., Ristic J.
Do infants show knowledge of the familiar size of everyday objects?
Authors: Sensoy Ö., Culham J.C., Schwarzer G.
Keywords: Familiar size, Infancy, Object perception, Preferential looking, Real objects
Life Phenomenology and Relational Flow
Authors: Smith S.J., Lloyd R.J.
Keywords: affectivity, flow, interaction, life, movement, phenomenology
Correction to: Calculus for Teachers: Perspectives and Considerations of Mathematicians (Canadian Journal of Science, Mathematics and Technology Education, (2020), 20, 2, (355-374), 10.1007/s42330-020-00090-x)
Authors: Yan X., Marmur O., Zazkis R.
Translingual practices at a Shanghai university
Authors: Song Y., Lin A.M.Y.
Making visible the literacy practices of elders through the day in the life methodology: considerations for literacy education across the lifespan
Authors: Heydon R., Stooke R., Cameron C.A., Cooper E., O'Neill S.
Keywords: day in the life, education, elders, everyday literacy practices, multimodal literacy, well-being
Translanguaging and named languages: productive tension and desire
Authors: Turner M., Lin A.M.Y.
Keywords: bilingual education, foreign language education, majority languages, Translanguaging
Understanding plurilingualism and developing pedagogy: teaching in linguistically diverse classes across the disciplines at a Canadian university
Authors: Marshall S.
Keywords: Canada, higher education, pedagogy, plurilingualism, teaching and learning
Plurilingualism, teaching and learning, and Anglophone higher education: an introduction Anglophone universities and linguistic diversity
Authors: Preece S., Marshall S.
From deficit-based teaching to asset-based teaching in higher education in BANA countries: cutting through ‘either-or’ binaries with a heteroglossic plurilingual lens
Authors: Lin A.M.Y.
Keywords: asset-based pedagogies, Heteroglossic view of language, higher education, international students, plurilingual pedagogies
Critical care of creationism
Authors: Zhao S., Chang D., Miyakawa M., Bai H.
Keywords: American Buddhism, Creationism, Evolution, Mindfulness, Pedagogy, Religion, Science education
From “context” to “active contextualization”: Fostering learner agency in contextualizing learning through science news reporting
Authors: Gebre E., Polman J.
Keywords: Active contextualization, Contextualizing learning, Learning and transfer, Learning context
How “accessible” is open data?: Analysis of context-related information and users’ comments in open datasets
Authors: Gebre E., Morales E.
Keywords: Accessibility, Civic engagement, Data and context, Data literacy, Open data, Open data usage
Fraction images: the case of six and a half
Authors: Marmur O., Yan X., Zazkis R.
Keywords: concept image, Fractions, prospective teachers, scripting tasks, semiotic representation
Facing the Nazi Past: Silence, Memory and Inhabiting Responsibility
Authors: Frie R.
Keywords: family, generations, Holocaust, memory, Nazi past, responsibility, silence, trauma
Analytics for student engagement
Authors: Vytasek J., Patzak A., Winne P.
Dashboards for computer-supported collaborative learning
Authors: Liu A.L., Nesbit J.C.
Calculus for Teachers: Perspectives and Considerations of Mathematicians
Authors: Yan X., Marmur O., Zazkis R.
Keywords: Advanced mathematical knowledge, Calculus, Mathematicians as educators, Teacher education
Disruptions in meanings: teachers’ experiences of multiplication in TouchTimes
Authors: Sinclair N., Chorney S., Güneş C., Bakos S.
Keywords: Assemblage, Boundary object, Multiplication, Order, Technology, TouchTimes
Eliciting preschoolers’ number abilities using open, multi-touch environments
Authors: Baccaglini-Frank A., Carotenuto G., Sinclair N.
Keywords: App design, Cardinality, Multitouch app, Number sense, Ordinality, Scheme, TouchCounts
Talking back: trans youth and resilience in action
Authors: Travers A., Marchbank J., Boulay N., Jordan S., Reed K.
Keywords: resilience, social action research, social inequality, transgender, video game technology, youth
Action coordination during a real-world task: Evidence from children with and without autism spectrum disorder
Authors: Trevisan D., Enns J., Birmingham E., Iarocci G.
Keywords: action coordination, ASD, autism, joint action, social interaction
CLIL Collaborations in Higher Education: A Critical Perspective
Authors: Wallace A., Spiliotopoulos V., Ilieva R.
Keywords: Higher education in Canada, Integrating language and content, Interdisciplinary collaboration, Power dynamics
(Inter)cultural production as public pedagogy: weaving art, interculturality and civic learning in a community festival context
Authors: Li J., Moore D.
Keywords: (inter)cultural production, civic learning, community festival, Public pedagogy