- Research in Focus
- Services and Support
- Workshops and Events
- More About Us
- Educating Ourselves in the Life of the Land – An SFU Biologist’s Journey
- Ten Faculty Members at Faculty of Education Awarded the SFU/SSHRC Institutional Grants
- Immersive Scientific Storytelling Through Virtual Reality
- Framing Friends of Simon: Building Community Partnership through a Film Project
- Researching with and not on Participants, Emergence and a Great Start to a Possible’s Slow Fuse 2020 Series
- Imagining a Posthuman Education with Dr. Nathalie Sinclair & Dr. Petra Mikulan
- An Inquiry into Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- A Modestly Immodest Proposal for Teacher Education and/or a Fantastic Proposal for Teacher Education?
- Writing and Research: Let the Research Hub Be Part of Your Graduate Journey
- SFU Educational Review Journal Reaches New Heights: Symposium, Editorial Board and DOAJ
- From the Lab to the Classroom: Team Behind Dialectical Map Encourages Critical Thinking Across Disciplines
- Reflections on an Exploration of Narrative Inquiry in a Public Seminar with Dr. Gary Barkhuizen
- Jacqueline Barreiro on Storytelling, Pedagogy, and Post Humanism
- Fanfare Review of Dr. Yaroslav Senyshyn's concerto CD with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra
- Exciting Collaboration on Evaluation as a Means of Community-Based Research and Engagement
- From a Grassroots Pilot Project to a Province-Wide Success: The Story behind YMCA’s Y Mind Program
- Digital Story Creation with Scribjab: An Innovative Interactive Display
- SFU Educational Review Journal Features Impressive Line-up of Publications
- Theater & Teaching - Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series #2 with Kevin O’Neill
- Seminar with Dr. Michelle Pidgeon on Indigenous Education at the From the Ground Up Scholarship Series
- A Provocative Inaugural Session for the Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series
- Q&A with Dr. Paula MacDowell on creating augmented reality (AR) experiences with students
- A Scientist and a Dancer Met in a Classroom…
- Learning Environments Research: Context Matters
- Writing New Chapters in Research and Teaching Journeys
- Mental Health Services Research: Working With/In Communities for Reconciliation–A Case of Rwanda
- Contact Us
- Faculty of Education
Visiting Scholar Koichi Haseyama on Multiculturalism, Globalization, and Curriculum Development
Koichi Haseyama is a visiting scholar and a PhD candidate at the faculty of Education, SFU. He also holds an Assistant Professor position in Tsurukawa College, Tokyo, Japan. Having a successful educational enterprise, Haseyama’s decision to pursue a PhD was solely driven by his interest to further his knowledge in education.
Dr. Gary Barkhuizen on Exploration of Narrative Inquiry
Dr. Gary Barkhuizen is a visiting lecturer from the University of Auckland. His public seminar, Reflections on an Exploration of Narrative Inquiry, talked about a longitudinal narrative inquiry of the identity of a Hong Kong study abroad student and drew on a broad overview of the field of narrative inquiry in applied linguistics. Throughout the seminar, Dr. Barkhuizen referenced his work on core dimensions in narrative inquiry from his chapter in the Handbook on Research Methods in Applied Linguistics, published by Routledge.
Dr. Hoy-Yong Kim - Reflections on Korean & Canadian Educational Systems, Philosophies & Approaches
Dr. Hoy-Yong Kim is a visiting scholar from Pusan National University in South Korea where he was the Dean of the Institute of General Education. Dr. Kim is also the Editor in Chief for the Korean Journal of Educational Philosophy. This is his second visiting scholar appointment at Simon Fraser. He is working with Dr. Heesoon Bai on projects related to the re-humanization of classroom environments through dialogue and an ethic of care.
Dr. Zhiying Zhong on Ecolinguistics
Dr. Zhiying (Maggie) Zhong is a visiting scholar in the Faculty of Education, SFU and a professor in the School of Foreign Languages of South China Agricultural University. Dr. Zhong began considering a visit to SFU after a previous visiting scholar told her how she enjoyed her time abroad here, and as it happened, this turns out to be a prime place to pursue her studies in ecolinguistics.
Dr. Helena Brandão Viana Returns to SFU
Dr. Helena Brandão Viana from Centro Universitário Adventista de Sāo Paulo, Brazil is working with Prof. David Kauffman from December 2016 until June 2017 on the AGE-WELL research project into older adults and their relationship with new technologies.
Dr. Margaret Sallee Visits SFU from the University of Buffalo
Five years ago Sallee collaborated editing a journal with SFU education professor Rebecca Cox. Today Sallee is a faculty member at the University at Buffalo in New York state and was a visiting scholar in the SFU’s Faculty of Education from September until October 2017.