- Research in Focus
- Services and Support
- Workshops and Events
- More About Us
- Writing and Research: Let the Research Hub Be Part of Your Graduate Journey
- SFU Educational Review Journal Reaches New Heights: Symposium, Editorial Board and DOAJ
- From the Lab to the Classroom: Team Behind Dialectical Map Encourages Critical Thinking Across Disciplines
- Reflections on an Exploration of Narrative Inquiry in a Public Seminar with Dr. Gary Barkhuizen
- Jacqueline Barreiro on Storytelling, Pedagogy, and Post Humanism
- Exciting Collaboration on Evaluation as a Means of Community-Based Research and Engagement
- From a Grassroots Pilot Project to a Province-Wide Success: The Story behind YMCA’s Y Mind Program
- Digital Story Creation with Scribjab: An Innovative Interactive Display
- SFU Educational Review Journal Features Impressive Line-up of Publications
- Theater & Teaching - Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series #2 with Kevin O’Neill
- Seminar with Dr. Michelle Pidgeon on Indigenous Education at the From the Ground Up Scholarship Series
- A Provocative Inaugural Session for the Possible's Slow Fuse Dialogue Series
- Q&A with Dr. Paula MacDowell on creating augmented reality (AR) experiences with students
- A Scientist and a Dancer Met in a Classroom…
- Learning Environments Research: Context Matters
- Writing New Chapters in Research and Teaching Journeys
- Mental Health Services Research: Working With/In Communities for Reconciliation–A Case of Rwanda
- Contact Us
- Faculty of Education
Bronwen McCann on Collaborative Program Evaluation and Community-Engagement
Bronwen McCann is a Master’s student in the Arts Education program. She is passionate about early childhood education, particularly curriculum development that bridges the divide between arts and outdoor education. In addition to juggling a full course load, she has been working at the Research Hub and has been involved in two different projects in collaboration with partnerships and programs through the SFU Surrey-TD Community Engagement Centre. The most recent of these was a program evaluation for an Early Learning for Families (ELF) drop-in program sponsored by the Surrey School District, the Surrey Central City Mall and SFU.
Jovita Vytasek on Writing Analytics Software
Jovita Vytasek is a doctoral student in the Faculty of Education and works in the Educational Psychology Laboratory. She presents us with a new topic modelling software application designed to help writers with revision.
Dominic Trevisan, PhD student, Co-authors Most Read Education Research Article in 2017
After completing his master’s here at SFU, Dominic decided to pursue his PhD in Educational Psychology. “I wanted to study in a heavily research-focused program, but with opportunities to conduct practical research in educational and other applied settings.”
Current PhD Student Dr. Poh Tan Focuses Her Research on Developing Scientific Literacy in Young Children
Born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Poh Tan did not have an easy childhood. Domestic violence was a reality in her family. Yet, with a strong passion for science, she was determined to overcome her home problems and through perseverance and motivation she became a stem cell specialist.
Annette Rouleau's Inspirational PhD Journey
Ms. Annette Rouleau started her PhD in Mathematics Education in September 2014. She admits having conflicted feelings when Prof. Peter Liljedahl first asked her to be his PhD student. However, she has since met the challenge head-on.