Assistant Professor of Professional Practice, School of Engineering Science
Ph.D., Physics, Simon Fraser University, Canada , 2012.
Post-Doctorate, University of Cambridge, UK, 2012-2013
- MEG of Eyeblink Conditioning
- Localization of Cerebellar activity using MEG
- Cortical-Cerebellar Networks
- Advances in MEG instrumentation
- Optically pumped magnetometers (OPM)
- MEG phantom development
- Magnetic nano-imaging using MEG
- MEG Epilepsy protocol and analysis
- Modelling cognitive processes in time, frequency and phase
- Functional white matter detection using MEG
- Multimodal analysis and integration of MEG, MRI, fMRI and DTI data
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 477/895 Biomedical Image Acquisition
- ENSC 451/894 Magnetoencephalography (MEG) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Methods
- ENSC 280 Engineering Measurement and Data Analysis
- ENSC 461/895 Medical Technologies in Clinical Neuroscience (co-taught)
Selected recent publications
- Fu, H., Garrett, B., Tao, G., Cordingley, E., Ofoghi, Z., Taverner, T., Sun, C., Cheung, T. Effect of Medidtation in VR on Brain Activity using EEG. JMIR Biomedical Engineering, 2021.
- Adonay S. Nunes, Alexander Moiseev, Nataliia Kozhemiako, Teresa Cheung, Urs Ribary, Sam M. Doesburg. Multiple constrained minimum variance beamformer (MCMV) performance in connectivity analyses, NeuroImage, 2020.
- Adonay Nunes, Nataliia Kozhemiakoa, Alexander Moiseev, Robert A. Seymour, Teresa P. L. Cheung, Urs Ribary, Sam M. Doesburg. Neuromagnetic activation and oscillatory dynamics of stimulus-locked processing during naturalistic viewing. NeuroImage, 2019.
- Anterpal Sandhu; Yasong Li; Nicholas Peatfield, Xin Yi Yong; Ryan D'Arcy; Carlo Menon; Teresa P L Cheung. Non-magnetic compliant finger sensor for continuous fine motor movement detection. Biomedical Engineering Letters, 2017.
- Cheung, TPL, Grunau, RE, Synnes, A, Eswaran, H, Doesburg, S. “Neurophysiologic Imaging for Perinatal Brain Development”, NeoReviews, 2015.