Support the Library
Your gift will help sustain and grow SFU Library for future generations of students, staff and faculty.
- An integral resource for the campus community, the Library is an active learning place that provides a wide range of services for students including the Student Learning Commons and the Research Commons.
- We play a central role in SFU's research enterprise. Library research assistance is provided through in-person service points and online help.
- SFU Library continues to improve, pilot new services and enhance physical spaces to support learning and research.
- Your support helps grow Library programs, special projects, and endowments that will benefit Library users for generations to come.
What are the benefits of donating to the Library?
- Retirees tell us that the main benefit they derive donating to the Library is the knowledge that they are helping the Library to grow and to better serve the scholarly community.
- All donors receive a tax receipt for the value of their donation. In the case of gifts-in-kind, the gift is evaluated at fair market value.
- Donors may be invited to an annual lecture by an outstanding personality or artist in the book world and to other special events put on by the Library.
Guidelines for Donors of Gifts-in-Kind
SFU Library regrets that it is unable to accept donations of books to its general collection. The Library is committed to enhancing its special collections in a manner which supports the teaching, learning and research needs of the University. Donations of rare or unique materials suitable for the Library's Special Collections and Rare Books Division form an important addition to the Library’s collections and contribute greatly to its richness and individuality. The Library welcomes inquiries from prospective donors wishing to donate materials that meet the following criteria:
- Rare and unique items including manuscripts, photographs, moving images, sound recordings.
- Rare books (and other less rare books supporting the collecting areas listed below).
- Personal and organizational archives or collections.
For more information on donating to SFU Library's Special Collections and Rare Books Division, the Library's areas of special interest and other information, please see https://www.lib.sfu.ca/about/overview/collections/gifts
If you wish to make a donation to the Library, please contact:
Director of Advancement
W.A.C. Bennett Library
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6
United Way Book Sale
For those who may have books that they wish to donate that do not meet the criteria above may pass on the books to the United Way Book Sale. For details see https://www.lib.sfu.ca/about/overview/collections/gifts