- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experience Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Anxiety 101
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
Health Peers work with the Health Promotion team at Health & Counselling to support student health and well-being on campus through free events and workshops.
Health Peers are trained to host outreach events and share health information on topics such as:
- Sexual health
- Responsible partying
- Social connectedness
- Stress management
- Active living
- Healthy environments
- Positive body image
Check out their outreaches and events below!
Your well-being is important to us, especially during this time. We're shifting our efforts online so that we can still share health education tips and connect with you in a different way! Stay tuned for more information.
Check out these blog posts written by the Health Peers:
Tune in to the Make-SPACE Instagram Live series to learn about taking care of your well-being. Featuring a new guest every episode!
Chai Chat: Burnout and Self-Care
Tuesday, March 30
9:30 to 10:30am
Online via Zoom
Chai Chat is a safe and inclusive space, facilitated by the Heath Peers, for international students to discuss important topics. While the Health Peers are not counsellors or trained healthcare professionals, they are students that are trained to help connect students with resources if needed. This session will be focused on burnout and self-care.
Accessibility Notice: Please note that during the event, the hosts and some participants will be talking.
Health Peers Drop-in: COVID-19 Q&A
April 1 to 22
3:30 to 5:30pm
Online via Zoom
Come ask the Health Peers your questions about self-isolation, well-being, SFU, and/or COVID-19. They are here to chat with you and refer you to the appropriate resources. No registration required. Just hop into the Zoom room during the drop-in times!
Accessibility Notice: Please note that during the sessions, the hosts and participants will be talking.
Meeting ID: 630 1991 8715
Game Night with the Health Peers
Saturday, April 17
Thursday, April 29
7:00 to 8:00pm
Online via Zoom
Looking for people to hang out with? Love games? Then connect with your Health Peers and fellow students over a night of fun and friendly competition! These events are particularly for students in isolation, but (of course) everyone is welcome. We will be connecting over Zoom and playing games online. Bring your A-game!
Accessibility Notice: Please note that during the event, the hosts and participants will sometimes be talking. There may also be game audio playing.