DEMOfest: An Interactive Teaching and Learning Exhibition
DEMOfest 2018: Flexible Learning
DEMOfest is an interactive exhibition where members of the SFU community, including faculty, instructional staff, sessionals and TAs/TMs, have the opportunity to share and discuss teaching and learning practices.
SFU instructors and students have access to all sorts of learning tools, techniques and technologies, from Canvas to web-based research tools. DEMOfest 2018 will include short presentations and exhibits by faculty members, staff members and vendors showcasing solutions that can produce exciting and effective learning experiences for students.
The theme of our fourth annual event is Flexible Learning.
All activities will take place in the Halpern Centre. Drop in for a single demo or stay for the whole day. Bring a friend or come alone. There’s no need to register, and there will be refreshments. We hope to see you there!
- See technology solutions to common teaching/learning challenges.
- Engage with presenters and learn more about the why and how of their solutions.
- Network informally with colleagues.
- Listen to our speaker series featuring 10-minute presentations on learning technology innovations.
- Participate in contests and raffles and win prizes.
Wed, November 21, 2018 | 10:00–2:00
DEMOfest 2018: Call for Exhibitors and Presenters
Host an interactive exhibit or present at the Fall 2018 DEMOfest
Submission deadline: Mon, October 1, 2018
Demonstrate a teaching and learning practice, activity or approach at one of DEMOfest’s interactive booths. Unlike traditional conferences, the focus of this event is providing the space for people to share and discuss in a smaller, more informal context. This could include:
- Explaining a classroom role-playing game
- Showing a student-led syllabus
- Demonstrating how you are blending online and face-to-face learning
Participate in a panel or deliver a ten-minute presentation addressing a teaching and learning practice, activity or approach.
Who can apply?
Faculty members, TA/TMs, instructional staff and sessionals
How long do I need to commit for?
The interactive booth event will last for four hours. However, if you unable to commit for the entire duration of the event, you are welcome to invite students or colleagues to host the booth for part of the time.