- Learn More
- Info Sessions
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Beedie School of Business
- Biomedical Physiology & Kinesiology
- Computing Science
- Contemporary Arts
- Engineering Science
- Health Sciences
- Interactive Arts & Technology
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Software Systems
- Co-op Abroad
- Equity & Inclusion
- Contact Us
- Bridging Online (BOL)
- SIGN IN TO MYEXPERIENCE ↗
- HIRE STUDENTS ↗
- READ OUR BLOG ↗
- WIL STAFF RESOURCES ↗
Co-op provides Communication students with the opportunity to enhance skills, gain paid, relevant experience and discover new passions, all while completing their degree. Translating classroom knowledge into workplace action and graduating with a year’s worth of industry experience arms Communication Co-op students with the tools to succeed.
Explore career options in communications, digital marketing, event planning, social media, community engagement, public relations and more. Compete for real jobs and work full-time for 4 or 8 months at a time. From tech startups to non-profit organizations to government, employers come to SFU Co-op specifically to hire Communication students.
Apply to Communication Co-op by October 31 to work in Summer/Fall 2021.
Communication Co-op Info Session
Wednesday, October 28, 4:30-5:30pm on Zoom
This event is for students who are not already enrolled in co-op. Find out how Communication Co-op will support you to:
- develop competitive resume, cover letter and interview skills
- gain access to jobs and employers who want to hire students
- learn to navigate your first few professional jobs
- work on tools to prepare you for your career during uncertain times
- Alumni speaker: Linda Nguyen, current Account Coordinator at JAM Direct, a Toronto-based digital and direct marketing agency, with previous Co-op terms at SFU and RBC
- Student speaker: Kat Perez, VP Communications with the CMNSU, with Co-op terms at Parkinson Society BC and SFU
If you’re ready to apply, click the button below to complete your online co-op application. The Prospective Students section has important eligibility and program information to know before you apply.
Looking to hire a Communication student? Click the button below to learn more information.
|Work in Spring
|Work in Summer
|Work in Fall
|July 15th, 2020||October 31st, 2020||February 28th, 2021|
What stage are you at in your Co-op journey? Select the one that applies to you:
Application Fee and Practicum Tuition
There is a one-time Co-op application fee. You must pay tuition for each Co-op Work Term.