Co-op provides Communication students with the opportunity to enhance skills, gain paid, relevant experience and discover new passions, all while completing their degree. Translating classroom knowledge into workplace action and graduating with a year’s worth of industry experience arms Communication Co-op students with the tools to succeed.
Explore career options in communications, digital marketing, event planning, social media, community engagement, public relations and more. Compete for real jobs and work full-time for 4 or 8 months at a time. From tech startups to non-profit organizations to government, employers come to SFU Co-op specifically to hire Communication students.
Wondering how to start your career in this current reality? Communication Co-op is here to help.
Find out more at the:
CMNS Co-op Info Session
Wednesday, July 8th
4:30-5:30pm on Zoom
* This event is for students who are not already enrolled in co-op.
- Alumni speaker: Oscar Wong, Internal Communications Specialist, Electronic Arts Vancouver (with previous Co-op terms at SAP and Porton Health)
- Student speaker: Magali Bureau, Communications Assistant, Transport Canada (with previous Co-op terms at Downtown Eastside Women’s Centr
Find out how CMNS Co-op will support you to:
- Develop competitive resume, cover letter and interview skills
- Gain access to jobs and employers who want to hire students
- Learn to navigate your first few professional jobs
- Work on tools to prepare you for your career during uncertain times
Apply to Communication Co-op by July 15th to work in 2021.
|Apply by||Work in|
|July 15th, 2020
|October 31st, 2020
|February 28th, 2021||Fall 2021|
What stage are you on in your Co-op journey? Select the one that applies to you: