Human Resources Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Human Resources is following our government’s advice to maximize social distancing by reducing the number of people working on campus. The majority of staff in Human Resources are now working remotely, and while we are attempting to maintain the majority of HR services, our focus will be on the following priorities:
- Ensuring pay and benefit related items are processed in a timely manner
- Providing advice to leaders on staff related matters focusing on Covid-19 related issues
- Managing employee sick leave entitlements and WCB claims
- Job postings and recruitment
To minimize the handling of paper and support remote processes, please use scan or take photos of documents where possible and forward by email. We will continue to monitor your messages - you can contact us at:
- For general HR inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HR Business Partner team: individual emails &/or email@example.com
- Compensation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Labour Relations: email@example.com
- Benefits: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pensions: email@example.com
- Wellness & Recovery: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning & Development: email@example.com
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI): firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit SFU's main COVID-19 FAQ page for Frequently Asked Questions.
As the situation continues to change, information will be updated and posted.
- Resources Leaders:
- HR Guidance for Supervisors - Returning to Campus During COVID-19 Recovery
- Health & Safety Resources for Covid-19
- Leadership and Mental Health & Well-being
- Making Temporary Work from Home Arrangements
- Checklist for Temporary Work from Home Arrangements
- Leading in a Time of Crisis (30min webinar)
- 15 Questions About Remote Work, Answered
- A Guide to Managing Your (Newly) Remote Workers
- How to Collaborate Effectively if your Team is Remote
- Resources to Effectively Lead Amid Covid 19
- Resources for Staff:
- Resources for Parents:
Support from your Business Partner
Your Human Resources Business Partner is available to assist you with your business continuity plans and work from home plans.
COVID-19 Absence Reporting Form
Please see the SFU FAQs (above) for more information on when to complete and where to submit the COVID-19 Absence Reporting Form.
Employee & Family Assistance Program – Transitioning to Telephonic Counselling
SFU’s Employee and Family Assistance Program provider, Homewood Health, will begin to implement telephonic counselling services in place of face-to-face counselling.
Business Continuity Planning
All departments have been asked by Safety & Risk Services to complete a business continuity plan to prepare for interruptions of staffing levels, resources and operations. For more information and templates, please email email@example.com
For COVID-related questions that are not covered in the FAQs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.