- News & Updates
- People Of SFU: Meet the Food Superstars Who Helped Bring The New Dining Commons To Life
- Burnaby Mountain Comes Together To Celebrate StreetFest! 2022
- Embedding Sustainability In New SFU Letters
- The SFU Living Labs Program Connects Research With Campus Services and Sustainability
- SFU Welcomes Back Graduates This Summer With Most Ceremonies Ever Hosted
- Fair Trade Ambassador Daphne Chan Wins 2022 NACAS Student Author Contest
- Mugshare Launches at Renaissance Café
- Smart Vending Arrives at SFU
- Student Nathan 'Cain' Lee Aims To Rank Up To The World of Professional eSports
- Shannon De Groot Joins SFU As New Director of MECS
- SFU community rallies to support B.C. flood relief response
- The Study Public House Temporary Closure
- Document Solutions Surrey Service Updates
- Students and Staff Collaborate to Ensure Water Access On Campuses
- Fair Trade Ambassador Nell Jedrzejczyk Wins NACAS Student Author Contest
- The Community Vibrancy Initiative is bringing 'good vibes' to Burnaby Campus
- Stay Dry With Umbracity At SFU
- Document Solutions Campus Operations Updates
- The Bookstore & Spirit Shop Welcomes You
- Return To Campus Student Webinars with TransLink
- SFU StreetFest! Virtual draws more than 2,000 global visitors
- Co-op opportunities still provide work-integrated learning and experience during pandemic
- Feed BC: Building opportunities for B.C. food with post-secondary partners
- SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop innovate to prioritize student choice
- Join in as we phase out single-use plastic water bottles
- Summer Term Parking Info
- Re-use For Good
- Community Vibrancy
- Fair Trade
- Contact Us
Fair Trade Ambassador 2019/2020
Are you passionate about sustainability and social justice? Interested in learning more about fair trade? Ready to make real change?
Join the SFU Fair Trade Ambassador Program! The program provides opportunities to learn about fair trade and get involved with the movement on local, national, and global levels. Plan various events and activities, promote fair trade on campus, and lead your own campaign with the support of fellow Ambassadors. The program is engaging, flexible, fun, and a great chance to get involved at SFU. It is designed to give you the tools you need to educate, engage, and mobilize your campus and community to make real change.
Apply today by filling out this form. Interested individuals will be contacted to schedule a training session in November.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or connect with us on our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Here's what previous students have said about their experience in the Fair Trade Ambassador Program.
"In the Ambassador Program you are not only helping to create change and raise awareness for the fair trade movement within the community, but you are also positively contributing to the movement globally." - Noelle Chan, 2018
"This is a flexible program that you can fit around your schedule. It will teach you about fair trade and how it can act as a catalyst for conversations on social change." - Landon Reeves, 2018
"Being involved with fair trade made me a more conscious consumer - where it came from, who produced it, and how. I was able to meet many like-minded, yet diverse, individuals and work together on projects on campus. I recommend it for anyone who wants to get involved but with flexible commitment and take on their own initiatives!" - Nikki Mertens, 2019
"Getting involved with the Fair Trade Ambassador program was the best decision I ever made at SFU. The knowledge and experience that I've gained through the program will stay with me for my entire life. Becoming a Fair Trade Ambassador will make you a member of the most passionate, powerful, inspiring global community you could possibly imagine. I would recommend it to anyone looking to make a positive impact." - Elysha Fong, 2019