- News & Updates
- People Of SFU: Meet the Food Superstars Who Helped Bring The New Dining Commons To Life
- Burnaby Mountain Comes Together To Celebrate StreetFest! 2022
- Embedding Sustainability In New SFU Letters
- The SFU Living Labs Program Connects Research With Campus Services and Sustainability
- SFU Welcomes Back Graduates This Summer With Most Ceremonies Ever Hosted
- Fair Trade Ambassador Daphne Chan Wins 2022 NACAS Student Author Contest
- Mugshare Launches at Renaissance Café
- Smart Vending Arrives at SFU
- Student Nathan 'Cain' Lee Aims To Rank Up To The World of Professional eSports
- Shannon De Groot Joins SFU As New Director of MECS
- SFU community rallies to support B.C. flood relief response
- The Study Public House Temporary Closure
- Document Solutions Surrey Service Updates
- Students and Staff Collaborate to Ensure Water Access On Campuses
- Fair Trade Ambassador Nell Jedrzejczyk Wins NACAS Student Author Contest
- The Community Vibrancy Initiative is bringing 'good vibes' to Burnaby Campus
- Stay Dry With Umbracity At SFU
- Document Solutions Campus Operations Updates
- The Bookstore & Spirit Shop Welcomes You
- Return To Campus Student Webinars with TransLink
- SFU StreetFest! Virtual draws more than 2,000 global visitors
- Co-op opportunities still provide work-integrated learning and experience during pandemic
- Feed BC: Building opportunities for B.C. food with post-secondary partners
- SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop innovate to prioritize student choice
- Join in as we phase out single-use plastic water bottles
- Summer Term Parking Info
- Re-use For Good
- Community Vibrancy
- Fair Trade
- Contact Us
Fair Trade Ambassador Recruitment 2020/2021
Have you heard of the Fair Trade Ambassador program at SFU yet?
The Fair Trade Ambassador Program is about bringing people into the fair trade community and creating leaders who can help to spread the fair trade message across the country. With 1.66 million farmers and workers within the global Fairtrade system, you can play a very real and direct role in ensuring that they live more sustainable livelihoods and build stronger, more resilient communities.
The Ambassador Program recognizes individuals for demonstrating strong commitment to fair trade through their passion and dedication. It’s designed to support the fair trade leaders of today and empower the fair trade leaders of tomorrow. The length of your commitment is one year.
If you are passionate about sustainability and social justice, this flexible learning experience can help you mobilize your interests to make tangible, lasting impacts. Through the program, you'll have access to:
- Education and resources all about Fair Trade, like different products as well as topics on climate change, gender inequality, workers rights, and child enforced labour
- Connections to an inspiring, like-minded global community, including fair trade leaders across Canada and global producers
- The opportunity to design your own campaign according to your interests and goals
- Outreach efforts to mobilize your community
- Hours for your co-curricular record!
If this sounds like your cup of (Fair Trade) tea, complete this form by November 6th to find out more!
If you want to know more about Fair Trade on campus or in general, feel free to connect with us through email or on any of our social media accounts. We will be posting about upcoming virtual events, Fair Trade initiatives, extra resources, and promoting our favourite products.
Find us here: