- News & Events
- SFU's Printemps de la francophonie
- Ma thèse en 180 secondes : Western Final
- Back-to-school French Fete
- Book launch of «La francophonie de la Colombie-Britannique»
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
Simon Fraser University's Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs invites you to the book launch of "La francophonie de la Colombie-Britannique : Éducation, diversité, identité".
Join us for this unique event, free of charge and open to the Francophone, Francophile and university community of British Columbia.
The "La francophonie de la Colombie-Britannique" book project stems from the Symposium on the Francophonie in British Columbia organized as part of the 15th anniversary of the Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs, where some thirty researchers and several actors of the Francophonie gathered to discuss the situation of French in the province. You now have the opportunity to discover in this book the results of the research of thirteen contributors on themes as varied as issues related to identity, inclusion and plurilingualism, the integration of French-speaking immigrants and refugees, the integration of indigenous perspectives, and the challenges of and access to French-language schools in British Columbia. The full description of the book is available here.
Several of these authors, including the codirectors Geneviève Brisson and Rémi Léger, will be present to discuss with guests and answer their questions.
- Presentation and context of the project
- Presentation of the chapters and authors
- Presentation of the artist Françoise Thibault and her work "Où suis-je, qui suis-je?", the cover illustration
- Networking and prizes to be won
- Drinks and finger food will be served
- Books will be available for purchase for $30. Please bring cash.
- When: Thursday, December 8, 2022 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Where: SFU Downtown, 500 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 1W6 (Event room 1200-1300)
- The event will be held in French
- Free and open to all. Places are limited. Reserve your place now.
For any questions, please contact :
Coordinator - Events and Communications
Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs (OFFA)