- News & Events
- Student Life
- Programs in French
Electives in French
Your Electives en français
Is the program you’re interested in only offered in English?
Not a problem. Take some of your elective courses in French to maintain and continue to improve your language skills.
Kill two birds with one stone:
Some of these elective courses go toward satisfying the WQB requirements that apply to all SFU students.
Elective courses in French are ideal for students with an intermediate level of French (e.g. graduates from French immersion, the Programme francophone, etc.). Some courses offer the flexibility of submitting your assignments and writing exams in the language of your choice (English or French), while others require you to do so only in French. Contact our student advisor for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elective courses offered in French for 2021-2022
Department of French
Several other courses are available to perfect your French language competency. See the full list of course offerings.
Other available courses with special permission:
- HIST 102W-3 (F100) Canada since Confederation - W + B-hum
- POL 100-3 (F100) Introduction to Politics & Government- B-soc
- POL 347-4 (F100) Canadian Foreign Policy
- POL 359-4 (F100) Selected Topics in Governance
Contact the French Cohort Program Student Advisor for permission to enroll: email@example.com.
Note that a language assessment may be requested before enrollment and, in most cases, all course prerequisites must be met.
- EDUC 380-4 (F100) Introduction to teaching French in Canadian contexts
- HIST 430-4 (F100) French Americas
- POL 210-3 (F100) Introduction to the Political Philosophy - B-hum/B-soc
- POL 244-3 (F100) Canada in the World
- POL 253-3 (F100) Introduction to Public Policy - B-soc
- POL 351-4 (F100) Immigration, integration and public policy in Canada
- POL 472-4 (F100) Diplomacy and Global Governance
- EDUC 382-4 (F100) Diversity in Education: Theories, Policies, Practices
Student life in French
Remember that you can participate in student life in French at SFU, no matter which program you are in.
Check out our list of must-attend events and opportunities to get involved in the French-speaking community. Be sure to subscribe to the "Vie étudiante" electronic newsletter and never miss a thing! Every month, this newsletter highlights activities and events taking place in French in Greater Vancouver, as well as professional opportunities for bilingual people.