- News & Events
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
MA THÈSE EN 180 SECONDES : WESTERN FINAL
Are you a master's or doctoral student? The Ma thèse en 180 secondes (MT180) competition is a unique opportunity to perfect your communication skills while giving you the chance to share your research in the public space!
After the success of the last few years, local finals will again be held in Atlantic Canada, Western Canada, the Prairies, Quebec and Ontario, and the winners of these finals will participate in the Franco-Canadian finals of the competition.
As part of the contest, each student must give a clear, concise, and convincing presentation of their research project in French, in three minutes, before a jury. MT180 is the French equivalent of the 3-Minute Thesis (3MT) which has been held for several years in Canadian universities and around the world.
By registering, you will be supported in the preparation of your presentation at an Acfas training session. To be eligible for the finals, you must be a master's or doctoral student in a Canadian university, who can present in French. Several prizes will be awarded to the winners of each category, and to the public's favourite. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to showcase your research across the country in a multidisciplinary context!
- Expand your network in the research community;
- Share your research with the scientific community and a broad public;
- Disseminate your research within the community;
- Develop your communication skills;
- To have first experiences of interviews in the media;
- Have the chance to receive a grant;
- Clarify your ideas for your thesis;
- Develop your skills for your thesis defence or oral presentations.
PRIZES TO WIN (Bursaries)
- 1st prize doctoral category ($700)
- 2nd prize doctoral category ($400)
- 1st prize master category ($700)
- 2nd prize master category ($400)
The person who wins the 1st prize in the PhD category will represent his/her university at the Canadian finals of the competition, and will have his/her trip to Montreal paid for, in addition to a free admission to the Acfas Congress, which is the largest multidisciplinary francophone scientific congress.
- March 28, 2023: Western final of the "Ma Thèse en 180 secondes" competition (online)
- May 10, 2023: National Final of Ma Thèse en 180 secondes, which will take place during the 90th Congress of Acfas in Montreal.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION?
If you are a master's or doctoral student (all disciplines combined) registered at a university in Alberta or British Columbia and have a good knowledge of French, this contest is for you!
- Doctoral students who can express themselves in French
- Master's students who can express themselves in French
For more information, please contact:
Coordinator - Events & Communications
Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs
Contact person per university
- For participants from Alberta:
- For participants from the University of British Columbia:
Patrick Moran (email@example.com)
- For participants from Simon Fraser University :
Laurence Gagnon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For participants from the University of Victoria :
Pierre-Luc Landry (email@example.com)
«Ma thèse en 180 secondes»'s Western Final is made possible thanks to a financial support from: