- News & Events
- SFU's Printemps de la francophonie
- Ma thèse en 180 secondes : Western Final
- Back-to-school French Fete
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
Professional Linking Program
Pursue your teacher certification
If you are looking for general information in English about the PLP, please visit the Faculty of Education PLP website.
If you are interested in doing your practicum and EDUC 404 (Designs for Learning) courses in French, and/or the complete program in French, please visit the PLP website in French.
French Language Requirement
Applicants who would like to do the program or their practicum in French and/or take the EDUC 404 (summer) courses in French must demonstrate an appropriate level of French language competency.
If possible, students will be placed in practicums in one of the following options according to their academic preparation and their level of French:
- Elementary - French as a Second Language (FSL), also known as Core French
- Secondary - FSL
- Elementary - Immersion or Francophone Program
- Secondary - Immersion or Francophone Program
For details on the French language requirement, visit the PDP French Module website.