- Contact us
- Chancellor's Office
- Pipe Band
- Events Network
Chancellor's Distinguished Service Award
Annually during fall convocation, the chancellor presents the Distinguished Service Award to an individual or organization to recognize their contributions to the SFU community.
Terms of Reference
To recognize and bring profile to individuals and organizations for their outstanding commitment and service to SFU and its community.
- The nominated individual or organization must have contributed significantly to Simon Fraser University and its community.
- Priority will be given to recognizing individuals, but organizations may be honoured when they act as a corporate citizen.
- Posthumous awards will not be granted.
- Serving Canadian politicians will not normally be considered.
- Past recipients of the Chancellor’s Distinguished Service Award will not normally be considered.
- Nominations will be sought by the chancellor in the spring. All SFU faculty, staff and community may nominate candidates for this award.
- The Chancellor’s Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee (CDSASC) will review all nominations in the summer.
- Once a recipient has been selected and the recipient has agreed to accept the award, the nominator will be informed.
- The recipient(s) will be awarded in the fall.
- Nominations will be sought in spring and are accepted annually.
- The deadline for nominations will be announced each year with the call for nominations.
- Nomination packages must be complete, and submitted in writing by the noted deadline, to be considered.
All nominations received will be kept confidential by the Chancellor’s Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee. Nominators are requested not to discuss nominations with the nominee. Nominators will be informed when a recipient has been approved by the committee and the recipient has agreed to accept the award.
Due to the need for strict confidentiality, nominators should not seek letters of support or reference.
The Chancellor’s Distinguished Service Award will be presented to the recipient(s) at the Chancellor’s Dinner during fall convocation.
Chancellor's Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee
The committee will be comprised of:
- Vice-President, Advancement & Alumni Engagement
- Vice-President, External Relations
- Director, Ceremonies & Events