- Contact us
- Chancellor's Office
- Pipe Band
- Events Network
Call for nominations now open. Nomination deadline: Friday, May 20, 2022
The chancellor invites SFU faculty, staff, students and community to nominate individual(s) or organization(s) who have contributed significantly to Simon Fraser University (SFU) for the Chancellor's Distinguished Service Award.
The purpose of the award is to recognize and celebrate individuals and organizations for their outstanding commitment and service to the university. Award recipients share and are dedicated to SFU’s commitment to reconciliation, education, learning and growth—and creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive society for all. This year, nominations for youths and emerging leaders are encouraged for the CDSA.
All nominations must be submitted in writing and include the following:
- A fully completed nomination form
- A clear and concise letter of nomination (maximum 300 words) addressing:
- How the nominee has contributed significantly to SFU and its community
- The impacts of their contributions
- A brief biographical sketch of the nominee outlining their achievements/contributions relevant to this award
- Additional supporting documentation that would help the committee's evaluation (e.g. sample media reports, publications, lists of awards or other recognition, other information deemed pertinent by the nominator, etc.)
Nominations are reviewed by the Chancellor's Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee (CDSASC) in accordance with the Terms of Reference. The selection of the recipient considered by the CDSASC requires the utmost care and confidentiality. Nominators should not discuss nominations with the nominee. All recommendations received by the CDSASC are held in strict confidence from the time they are received and are kept confidential in order to protect the privacy of nominees. When a recipient has been approved by the committee and has agreed to accept the award, the SFU community and the nominator will be informed. Due to the need for strict confidentiality, nominators should not seek letters of support or reference. The nominator will be contacted should the CDSASC require further information. Unfortunately, not all nominations are successful in any given year. Nominations are kept active for a period of three years and additional materials may be added to the nomination.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please email email@example.com.