Creating a Restricted Page
Create the page(s) to be restricted and add a mailing list to allow viewing and access.
1. Create the page to be restricted.
2. Go to Page Properties (either right-click once on the page name listed in the right panel of the WCM > Properties; or Sidekick > Page tab > Page Properties).
3. Click on the Advanced Tab of Page Properties and click on the arrow beside Restricted Page Viewing.
4. The Restricted Page Viewing section is now expanded.
5. Check the Enabled box, then click on the Add Item or plus (+) symbol beside the SFU Maillists field.
6. Enter the maillist to be associated with the restricted page(s) (see Creating a Restricted Page Maillist)
leaving out the '@sfu.ca'. Click on the plus symbol to add additional maillists.
7. Click OK.
A logout component can be added to a restricted page(s) for security measures using the inherited content option. Visitors will be able to clear their credentials and log out from the restricted page(s) using the logout button.
Note: The logout button will appear on all restricted page underneath the navigation and at the top of each page in mobile view. It is only visible when a user accesses a restricted page.
Follow the steps below to insert a logout component in your restricted page:
1. Navigate to the homepage of your restricted page.
2. Select the Edit Inherited Content option from your Sidekick to add the Logout Component to the area below the navigation.
3. From the Sidekick, drag-and-drop the Logout component into the section just below the navigation.
4. Select the Exit Inherited Content Section once the component has been added to the page.
Note: The Logout button will appear in all child pages of the restricted page when setup using inherited content.