Business Analysis Certificate
Develop the applied skills you need to launch or advance your career as a business analyst. Endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), our online certificate program provides essential tools and techniques for developing lasting solutions to pressing organizational challenges. It’s designed for entry or mid-level professionals looking for highly marketable skills and credentials.
Why this program?
- Apply course hours towards Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation or maintenance
- Learn to develop a business analysis plan and implement business process changes
- Take conveniently scheduled two-day or three-day courses
- Complete program at a flexible pace in as little as one year
- Start with individual courses and apply to the program at any time
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
- Be eligible for admission to SFU’s Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (which can be applied toward an SFU MBA), even without an undergraduate degree
1–2 years (from start date of first course)
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program.
2–3 days (14–21 IIBA professional development hours)
Fri/Sat 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Pacific Time
Required courses (take in any order):
- Business Analysis Fundamentals (BAC105)
- Business Analysis: Team Dynamics and Leadership (BAC110)
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring (BAC115)
- Requirements Elicitation, Communication and Management (BAC120)
- Business Analysis: Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving (BAC125)
- Business Process Analysis (BAC130)
- Business Analytics (BAC135)
- Building a Case for Business Change (BAC140)
- Business Analysis Implications (BAC145)
See individual courses for textbook details
$860–$1,290/course (not including textbook)
$75 program application fee
No application deadline. Take individual courses and apply to the program at any time.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature students who do not meet this requirement may qualify with at least 5 years of appropriate experience
- English Language Requirements
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish
Not everyone enjoys working with data and analytics. But what if the numbers you provided could change patients’ lives? You could call that Brendan Bernardo’s mission.
For Edwin Yong, the path to becoming a business analyst wasn’t always clear. “I started in a retail environment,” he explains, “and I actually went to film school in my early twenties.”
Whether she’s in school, at work or taking part in one of her favourite pastimes, CrossFit, Machiko Iitsuka is always looking for new challenges.