- Director's Welcome
- Why study criminology
- Field practice
- Prospective Students
- Graduate Director's Welcome
- Graduate Students' Association
- Graduate student directory
- Upcoming Thesis Defence
Comprehensive Examination (CRIM 897)
- PhD students in the School of Criminology are required to write a single comprehensive examination covering two core areas (methods and theory), and be specific to the student's area of research interest.
- The Comprehensive examination may be written in any semester, provided that the sitting of the comprehensive exam is no sooner than the semester following the completion of all coursework.
The comprehensive examination will normally be written during one of the three SFU semesters and is expected to form a major part of the student's work obligations during that time. It is anticipated that the student will be allowed up to four months to complete the exam.
- Spring Comprehensive: Register by December 15
- Summer Comprehensive: Register by April 15
- Fall Comprehensive: Register by August 15
Comprehensive Exam Process
Please contact the GPA at email@example.com for your Comprehensive Examination Registration form.