We encourage our undergraduates to pioneer knowledge by conducting relevant research. This first foray into research can also help you decide whether graduate school will be your next step.
- As an undergraduate, you will have the opportunity to actively participate in inventive research and make connections with top researchers in the field of mechatronic systems engineering. Among the opportunities available to you are:
- Directed studies: submit written or project-based work in your area of research interest with the guidance of a faculty member.
- Special lab projects: laboratory research outside normal course offerings, overseen by a faculty member.
- Capstone projects: fourth-year team-oriented design project undertaken by all students.
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards: paid research under the guidance of a faculty member.
- Undergraduate thesis: a research-based project that demonstrates the student’s skill in their chosen field.