- Biological Influences on Criminal Behavior
- British Law and Arctic Men: The Celebrated 1917 Murder Trials of Sinnisiak and Uluksuk, First Inuit Tried Under White Man's Law
- Classics in Environmental Criminology
- Current Issues in Health, Third Edition
- emerge 16
- emerge 17
- Exercise Programming Science and Practice
- A Linguistic Introduction to the History and Structure of the English Lexicon
- Management Challenges in Canadian Federal Corrections, 2nd Edition
- Serious and Violent Young Offenders and Youth Criminal Justice: A Canadian Perspective
- Shakespeare Early and Late: A Textbook
- Voicing the Essay: Reading and Writing for Depth
- About Us
- For Book Sellers and Libraries
Current Issues in Health, Third Edition
Cost: $75.00 CAD
Current Issues in Health, 3rd Edition is written for a broad university audience and will also interest readers from the general public who are interested in health. This book introduces readers to the methods by which scientific knowledge develops and summarizes our current understanding on a variety of health topics. Health is examined at both the personal and population levels. The current Canadian situation is contrasted with circumstances in other parts of the world or at other times in history.
The text sometimes deals with controversial topics and tries to understand and respect different points of view without imposing a particular set of values. There is, however, a common theme of freedom of choice and empowerment of the individual.
Overall, the purpose of this book is to:
· Immerse readers in the holistic view of health. This construct considers the inter-relatedness of genetics, physical environment, lifestyle, family status, and other factors as they influence the health of individuals, communities, and nations.
· Demonstrate some principles and methods readers can use to evaluate health information.
· Challenge readers to take greater responsibility for their health (and for the health of their families, communities, and the world) and to make thoughtful, intelligent health decisions.
ISBN 978-1-77287-045-9 (softcover)
About the Author
Stephen Brown is a Senior Lecturer in the Simon Fraser University Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology. His research interests include active health, ergonomics, musculoskeletal injuries, functional capacity evaluation, and human performance.