- About Us
- Publish with us
- Biological Influences on Criminal Behavior
- British Law and Arctic Men: The Celebrated 1917 Murder Trials of Sinnisiak and Uluksuk, First Inuit Tried Under White Man's Law
- Canadian Criminal Law in a Rapidly Changing World
- Classics in Environmental Criminology
- Current Issues in Health, Third Edition
- emerge 16
- emerge 17
- Exercise Programming Science and Practice
- A Linguistic Introduction to the History and Structure of the English Lexicon
- Management Challenges in Canadian Federal Corrections, 2nd Edition
- Serious and Violent Young Offenders and Youth Criminal Justice: A Canadian Perspective
- Shakespeare Early and Late: A Textbook
- Voicing the Essay: Reading and Writing for Depth
- Figurative Language: A Historical Guide
Exercise Programming Science and Practice
Cost: $96.00 CAD
"Scientific rigour is a focus of this textbook. The accuracy is excellent and the information organized well and clearly presented. The author has done a thorough job of ensuring the material is referenced. Topics, rarely found in other textbooks, like Fundamental Movement Patterns, Resistance Training, Advanced Training and Aerobic Conditioning and High-Intensity Interval Training, can be found here. The text develops thought processes appropriately and builds from anatomical and physiological concepts to more advanced concepts. One of its strong points is its clear organization of a wealth of material; indeed, it would likely take three or four textbooks to accomplish what this text has put together. An excellent student resource that could find a useful place on the trainer's bookshelf."
- Dr. Gregory R. duManoir, PhD, CSEP CEP. Instructor, School of Health & Exercise Sciences, Faculty of Health & Social Development, University of British Columbia Okanagan Campus.
About the Author
Tony Leyland is a Senior Lecturer in the Simon Fraser University Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology. His research interests include active health, physical conditioning of elite athletes, nutrition, biomechanics, human physical performance and fitness assessment.