Forward Mail to Another Account
Outlook Web App
Learn how to forward all mail messages to a separate email account in the Outlook Web App (OWA).
Note: There is a known issue in which email being forwarded to Gmail may be marked as spam or bounced back. Learn more about Known Issues here.
Note to staff and faculty members: Please be reminded that the storage of SFU email messages in external email servers hosted outside of Canada is a potential violation of BC FIPPA. We strongly recommend that you consult with IT Services or your department's technical support staff before forwarding your mail to non-SFU services.
For more information on BC FIPPA, visit
1. Click the gear icon in the top right of the screen, then click Options.
2. On the left hand navigation pane, under Mail > Automatic Processing > Click Inbox and Sweep Rules
3. Click the + sign under inbox rules to create a new rule.
4. Give your rule a name, such as ‘Forwarding’.
5. In the first field, under ‘When the message arrives, and it matches all of these conditions’ select [Apply to all messages].
6. Under ‘Do all of the following’, hover over ‘Forward, redirect, or send’ > select ‘Redirect the message to...’
7. This will open up a window with your contacts in it. To forward all messages to an email address that is not in your contacts, type that address into the 'Redirect the message to...' field at the top. Click Save.
8. Review the conditions of your rule to ensure it is setup correctly. Then, click OK at the top to finish.