If you need to renew your passport during your stay here, consult with your country‚Äôs embassy or consulate in Canada at least six months before it expires. A list of foreign representatives in Canada can be found at the Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada website.

Remember, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will not extend your study permit past the expiration of your passport. If both documents are expiring, renew your passport well in advance so that you have adequate time to extend your study permit, if applicable.